Well, so much for getting back on track…
|Lunch||Leftover Almond Crusted Salmon||322|
|Snack||Mediterranean Pizza with thin wheat crust||430|
|Honey Roasted Peanuts||350|
We were out thrifting for a cabinet to conceal our shoes by the door and were getting a little hungry. We ran across this new place called Wheat State Pizza. I guess they just opened back in May. Everything looked so good but we finally agreed on the 10in Mediterranean Pizza on their thin wheat crust. Look at all the cheesiness!
Then we went to a free movie courtesy of some coupons my mom gave us. We decided on watching We’re The Millers. It is hilarious! Also, the bloopers at the end are great! I’ve been quoting them to Daniel ever since, haha!
During the movie I ate my fair share of honey roasted peanuts. They’re so addictive. And the calories add up so fast.
Later for dinner, I wanted to try that coconut recipe out but not on the shrimp I had previously mentioned. We had Swai and I figured it would be just as good on fish as it is on chicken. I combined a couple recipe ideas and here’s how it turned out:
Coconut Swai with Apricot Sauce
- 2 4-ounce Swai fillets
- 6 Tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 Tablespoon Spicy Brown Mustard (or 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the coconut, Corn Flake crumbs, and Panko. In another bowl, whisk the egg.
2. Dip the Swai in the egg and then in the coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet covered with foil. Lightly spray the Swai with olive oil and bake for 15-18 minutes.
3. For the apricot sauce combine the preserves and mustard and mix thoroughly.
Makes two servings @ 360 cal each (without apricot sauce)
The sweet coconut flavor and tang of the apricot sauce are a tasty combination!
Now, I have go take Daniel to Chipotle because he’s been “subtly” hinting that he wants to go there, haha. I hope you all are having a fabulous Tuesday!