This holiday yogurt bark is an easy and delicious cold treat. Make it festive by adding chopped pistachios and dried cranberries.
Bark is typically made of chocolate but this lighter version uses coconut yogurt. This makes it perfect all year round since it's sweet but refreshing—a great summer treat too! Trust me, you're going to want to have this ready in your freezer all the time.
It especially makes a great last-minute treat for a holiday party as it takes hardly any time to throw together!
This yogurt bark recipe is incredibly easy to make with basic ingredients you probably already have on hand. I'll also show you how to switch up the toppings for more variety.
- unsweetened coconut yogurt—I used unsweetened but you can use flavored or sweetened if that's what you have on hand. Just omit the maple syrup if it's already sweet.
- maple syrup—you can also use agave or try this easy vegan honey. This helps sweeten the yogurt but you can also omit it if you prefer less sugar.
- vanilla extract
- salt—helps to make the flavors pop.
- shelled pistachios—chopped to give it some green color and crunch.
- dried cranberries—for red color and sweetness.
How to make
In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until combined. If using an already sweetened yogurt you can omit the additional flavorings and skip this step.
Pour the yogurt over a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax paper or aluminum foil. Spread out evenly. Yogurt mixture should be about ¼-1/2 inch thick.
Top with chopped pistachios and dried cranberries and gently press them into the yogurt.
Place in the freezer for two hours until frozen solid. Chop into pieces and serve.
How to store
The yogurt bark will melt at room temperature so I recommend consuming it within 15 minutes or storing it in the freezer if not eating right away.
After it's frozen and broken into pieces place the bark into an airtight container. We use these silicone storage bags which work great.
For this recipe you'll need about 1 cup of toppings. Here are some additional ideas to use:
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Goji berries
- Shredded coconut
- Candy canes for more festiveness!
Want more holiday treats? Try this Pecan Cream Pie.
If you enjoyed this recipe please leave a comment below and give it 5 stars! Or on Pinterest (don’t forget to follow me!) you can now add pictures into reviews, too, and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Holiday Yogurt Bark
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour over a baking sheet lined with wax paper or aluminum foil. Spread out evenly. Yogurt mixture should be about ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Top with chopped pistachios and dried cranberries and gently press them into the yogurt.
Nutrition Per Serving
Pin this for later: