Healthy Mashed Potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes that are dairy-free, vegan, and healthy! The perfect side to accompany any meal that the whole family will love!
- 7 yukon potatoes chopped, skins on
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
Wash the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt or soil, then slice into 1-inch cubes. Slicing before cooking ensures they cook more evenly and quickly.
In a large pot, add the potatoes and enough water to cover them..
Boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft and can easily be pierced by a fork.
When the potatoes are done, drain the water, leaving ½ - ¾ cup of water in the pot. Mash the potatoes with a masher or fork. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can cut your potatoes and place them in a bowl covered with cold water and refrigerate for up to 48 hours. Then simply drain and cook when ready. Or, prepare the full mashed potato recipe and allow to cool completely before storing. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat the day of.
- Place mashed potatoes in a casserole dish covered with foil in the oven at 375F for 30-40 minutes.
- Reheat in the microwave at half power for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of unsweetened non-dairy milk as needed.
- Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat, adding non-dairy milk as needed. Stir frequently to avoid sticking and burning.
- In a slow cooker on low setting for a couple of hours.
Sodium: 10mg | Calcium: 18mg | Vitamin C: 29mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 635mg | Calories: 118kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 27g | Iron: 1mg