One Pot Coconut Lentil Curry
Get ready for a delicious meal that only requires one pot! We love curries for this reason because everything can be made in the same pan, requiring less clean up and less time in the kitchen.
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cans tomato paste 6 oz each
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth we use Better Than Bouillon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups green lentils dry, uncooked
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables 500g each
- ½ cup cashews optional, for topping
- cilantro optional, chopped, for topping
In a large saucepan sauté the garlic with a little water to keep it from sticking, for 2-3 minutes.
Add the curry powder and tomato paste and stir well. Then add the broth, coconut milk and stir well to mix.
Add in the lentils and bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Once the lentils are cooked, add in the frozen veggies and cook a few minutes longer until heated through.
Top with cilantro and cashews. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Serve with a side of brown rice.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for longer.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 408mg | Potassium: 1737mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7045IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 12mg