Vegan Almond Joy Overnight Oats
Your favorite candy bar turned into a healthy and delicious breakfast! Made with mostly whole food ingredients to recreate the delicious combination of coconut, almonds and chocolate that make up Almond Joys. Make your morning more joyful!
- ½ cup rolled oats *
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut topping
- 1 tablespoon almonds chopped, topping
- 1 tablespoon dairy free chocolate chips optional, topping, melted
In a sealable container, whisk together all ingredients except for the toppings.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to let the oats and chia seeds absorb the liquid and thicken.
Top with chopped almonds, shredded coconut, and optional drizzle of chocolate when ready to serve.
To melt the chocolate, microwave for 15-30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
Nutrition Facts are a rough estimate based on unsweetened almond milk and includes the optional chocolate topping.
*In order to be gluten-free, make sure your oats are certified gluten-free.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 15g | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 5mg