This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Ready for a super easy curry that comes together in no time?
This curry is on repeat in our household because it's so simple to make, and requires only pantry and freezer ingredients. You can easily whip this up on a weeknight or meal prep it ahead of time on the weekend. It reheats so well, and I might even argue it gets better with time!
I love curries because they're incredibly easy to make vegan. They are also really versatile—as long as you have curry powder or paste and coconut milk, you can make endless combinations of curries with whatever else you have on hand!
Pantry and freezer friendly
This vegan curry is full of lentils because they are a great pantry staple. We always have several bags of it on hand but you can also buy cooked, canned lentils. If using canned lentils, your cook time will drastically reduce as the majority of time required is for cooking the lentils. Instead, bring everything to simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow the curry flavor time to absorb.
As for the vegetables, this curry requires only frozen mixed vegetables for convenience. Canned is also totally fine if that's what you have available. And of course you could use fresh if desired. I often use frozen or canned because they are more affordable and tend to be more widely available.
What to serve it with
Make some brown rice to go along with it. After all—a curry just isn't complete without it! And for some extra protein and flavor, I highly recommend topping it with cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.
One Pot Coconut Lentil Curry
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cans tomato paste, 6 oz each
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, we use Better Than Bouillon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups green lentils, dry, uncooked
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables, 500g each
- ½ cup cashews, optional, for topping
- cilantro, optional, chopped, for topping
- In a large saucepan sauté the garlic with a little water to keep it from sticking, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and tomato paste and stir well. Then add the broth, coconut milk and stir well to mix.
- Add in the lentils and bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add in the frozen veggies and cook a few minutes longer until heated through.
- Top with cilantro and cashews. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving
This recipe first appeared in the Health My Lifestyle Meal Planner.
If you are looking for more healthy, whole food plant-based recipes we’ve got your back! The Meal Planner takes all the guesswork out of what to eat by giving you new ideas with delicious easy recipes, helps you plan weekly meals, gives you an itemized grocery list based on the meals you choose, helps you eat better, track calories and most importantly, helps you eat more plant-based, all in one platform!
Sign up for just $5.99 your first month (cancel anytime) here.
Pin this for later: