This rose latte is not only visually stunning, but it's also the perfect balance of flavors to shake up your coffee routine. The blend of freshly brewed espresso with the soft, floral notes of rose water, all brought together by the natural blush of beetroot powder is perfect whether you're looking to treat yourself or impress guests. Bonus: It's ready in less than 10 minutes!
Why you'll love this rose latte recipe
The delicate aroma of rose water combined with the comforting warmth of the latte creates a soothing and calming effect. It's a perfect beverage to enjoy during a quiet moment of relaxation or to complement a leisurely afternoon. Here are a few more reasons to love this rose latte:
- Unique flavor profile: The combination of rich espresso, delicate rose water, and subtle vanilla creates a harmonious blend of flavors. The floral essence of the rose water complements the earthiness of the beetroot powder, resulting in a taste that is both soothing and intriguing.
- Customizable: The level of sweetness and strength of the rose latte taste are easy to adjust to individual preferences, allowing you to to find the perfect balance between the floral notes and sweetness.
- Easy to prepare: This recipe is straightforward and doesn't require any special barista skills or equipment. With just a few simple steps, you can create a cafe-quality drink in the comfort of your own home.
- Pretty in pink: The stunning pink hue of the latte, derived naturally from the beetroot powder, instantly captures the eyes and adds intrigue. It's a perfect drink to share on social media and impress friends and family with its captivating appearance!
This rose latte not only pleases the taste buds but also appeals to the eyes and heart!
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this latte worthy of a coffee shop. In fact, several of the ingredients are optional, so don't stress if you can't find them all.
- Rose water - The star ingredient responsible for the distinct floral flavor and aroma. Be cautious with the quantity, as rose water can be potent. If you prefer a stronger or milder floral rose flavor, adjust the amount accordingly. Rose extract can be used as an alternative to rose water if you can't find it, but use it sparingly as it tends to be more concentrated. Another option is to make a rose simple syrup.
- Beet powder - Gives this latte a beautiful pink color and adds a subtle earthy flavor that complements the floral notes of the rose water. This is optional but highly recommended! You can also use freeze-dried raspberry powder or pitaya powder (dragonfruit powder). Keep in mind that these alternatives might slightly alter the flavor and color.
- Choice of milk - Choose your favorite plant-based milk, such as oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
- Maple syrup - Adds sweetness to the latte. Agave syrup, coconut sugar, or any other liquid sweetener can be used as a substitute. This apple honey would also complement the flavors well. Feel free to adjust the amount according to your desired level of sweetness.
- Vanilla extract - Enhances the overall flavor profile. For a twist, you can experiment with other extracts like almond or lavender, but keep in mind that it may change the taste of the latte.
- Espresso - Use your favorite freshly brewed espresso beans and preferred method to prepare. You can even use a regular cup of coffee if you don't have espresso. It won't have as concentrated of a flavor.
- Dried rose petals - This is optional but adds a beautiful finishing touch to the latte. Ensure you use food-grade rose petals that are safe for consumption.
Exact measurements are available in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make this homemade rose latte
- Brew the espresso. You can prepare it using your preferred method, such as an espresso machine, french press, or a moka pot.
- Warm milk in a small saucepan over medium to low heat. Once the milk is heated but not boiling, add the beetroot powder and maple syrup. Whisk well until the beetroot powder is fully dissolved and the milk turns pink.
- Mix in the rose water and vanilla extract into the pink milk. You can use a milk frother or whisk to create froth if desired.
- Pour the brewed espresso into your favorite mug. Then, slowly pour the pink milk over the espresso while using a spoon to hold back any froth. Spoon the froth on top of the pink milk and sprinkle some dried rose petals or rose buds on top for an extra touch of elegance if desired. Enjoy your homemade latte!
Frequently asked questions
Rose water has been used for centuries in various cultures for both culinary and medicinal purposes. Rose water is known for its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, alleviating redness and skin irritation. Some cultures us rose water as a digestive aid, as it is thought to help improve digestion and relieve bloating. However, more research is needed to substantiate these claims. Rose water also contains antioxidants that can help neutralize free radicals in the body, protecting cells from oxidative stress and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
Yes! It's easy to make this traditional latte into an iced rose latte recipe that is perfect to enjoy during the summer months! Simply fill your mug with ice cubes before pouring over the espresso. Skip the heating step for the pink milk, and instead combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, whisking well until everything is combined. Pour the pink rose tea latte mixture over the espresso and enjoy!
More tasty drinks to try
Did you enjoy this delicious rose latte? Here are more tasty drinks we think you'll love:
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice, I used soy but oat or almond milk work well too
- ½ teaspoon beetroot powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, or agave syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons rose water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dried rose petals, for garnish, optional
- Prepare espresso using your preferred method, such as an espresso machine or a Moka pot.1 ounce espresso
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. You can use a frother or whisk to create froth if desired.1 ½ cups milk of choice
- Once the milk is heated but not boiling, add the beetroot powder and maple syrup (or sweetener of choice). Whisk well until the beetroot powder is fully dissolved and the milk turns pink.½ teaspoon beetroot powder, 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix in the rose water and vanilla extract into the pink milk. These will add a delightful floral aroma to the latte.2-3 teaspoons rose water, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the brewed espresso into your favorite mug. Slowly pour the pink milk over the espresso while holding back the froth with a spoon. Spoon the froth on top of the pink milk. You can sprinkle some dried rose petals on top for an extra touch of elegance. Enjoy!dried rose petals