This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
An easy non-dairy treat made using nothing but bananas. You can customize it with additional add-ins to make the ultimate cold vegan soft serve.
I’ve come to realize bananas are magical. They’re so versatile and the perfect filler for anything. I love them in my smoothies, mixed into my cereal, and as my ice cream. Yes, you heard me right. Ice cream. It’s a dream come true. A healthy dessert, an oxymoron, is now becoming more common. And you don’t have to sacrifice the flavor you’ve come to expect from your sweets just because it’s deemed “healthy.”
Here’s how you accomplish this simple sweet.
Take a couple bananas and chop them up. Set them on a plate and place it in the freezer. Once they’re solid (about 2 hours) they’re ready.
Blend the bananas in a food processor. They should become fluid like soft serve ice cream.
If you want, you can add some extra flavor. I put in 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Blend until addition is evenly distributed.
Some recommend refreezing now so you get more of an ice cream consistency but I liked it as is. Thick and Creamy (also, I couldn’t wait that long to try it!).
Delicious! It was the perfect combination of chocolate and banana. And guilt-free!
One-Ingredient Banana Nice Cream
- Food Processor
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Slice bananas up and place in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag, and place in the freezer for two hours.
- After bananas have been frozen, remove them from the frozen and place in a food processor. Blend until they become a creamy, soft serve consistency. If the consistency is too thick you can add 1 tbsp of plant milk at a time to thin it out.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy immediately as soft serve or for firmer ice cream, place in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour before scooping.
Some serving suggestions using 2 bananas:
- add 1-2 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- add 1/4 tsp of almond extract (and maybe some shredded coconut?)
- add some frozen strawberries or strawberry syrup for a strawberry-banana flavor
- add 2-3 Tbsp of peanut or almond butter with 1 Tbsp maple syrup
I definitely want to play around with more flavors and see how these would turn out.
No problem! Any frozen fruit will work to create a delicious soft-serve, sorbet. I’ve tried it with frozen strawberries, mango, and cherries.
Want more ideas? Check out this roundup of the best vegan banana nice cream recipes.
If you’re looking for more easy, healthy recipes the Health My Lifestyle Meal Planner is full of them! You can easily narrow down exactly what you’re looking for with the extensive filtering options, plan out your week in seconds or grab a pre-made plan, track your calories and goals, and more! Right now it’s 40% off your first month! Check out the Meal Planner here.