This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Are you ready to have your mind blown?
You can turn carrots into bacon.
I wasn't a believer until I did it, and now I'm going to show you how too!
Crispy, smoky, and unbelievably delicious!
They will still taste like carrots, but the marinade gives it a nice bacon flavor. So yummy!
I first saw how to do this on TikTok from Tabitha Brown. She doesn't give you exact measurements, so this is my version of it!
How to make carrot bacon
It is a rather easy process. Simply slice your carrots thinly with either a mandoline slicer or a peeler. Marinade them in a mixture of maple syrup, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and spices for a few minutes. Then bake them until they start bubbling like bacon.
An air-fryer works best but I made mine in a regular gas oven and was able to achieve delicious results.
If you enjoyed this recipe please leave a comment below and give it 5 stars! Or on Pinterest (don't forget to follow me!) you can now add pictures into reviews, too, and be sure to help me share on facebook!
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- ½ tbsp soy sauce, tamari or liquid aminos work too
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) if using a regular oven. If using an air-fryer set it to 380°F (190°C).
- Wash carrots and peel thinly lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or mandoline slicer.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the remainder of the ingredients.
- Marinate the carrot strips in the sauce for at least 5 minutes. Work in batches if needed so that the carrots are fully covered.
- Place carrots on a lined baking sheet evenly spread out. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or in an air-fryer for 5 minutes), flipping halfway through. When they are wavy they are ready. Don't worry if they're not crunchy yet, they will harden more as they cool. Sprinkle with salt if you want them to dry out faster and become crispier.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you are looking for more healthy, whole food plant-based recipes we’ve got your back! The Meal Planner takes all the guesswork out of what to eat by giving you new ideas with delicious easy recipes, helps you plan weekly meals, gives you an itemized grocery list based on the meals you choose, helps you eat better, track calories and most importantly, helps you eat more plant-based, all in one platform!
Sign up for just $5.99 your first month (cancel anytime) here.
Pin this for later: