Do you love hash browns but can’t seem to enjoy it without a good douse of ketchup? I can’t stand plain hash browns but I also don’t want to fill up on ketchup that's full of sugar and sodium either. And don't get me started on all of the oil that the hash browns have added to them. That’s why we created this breakfast hash that doesn’t need anything added. And it's sooo good!
It's a fairly simple recipe but filling and full of flavor for the perfect start to your morning. Or afternoon. Or evening. Because let's be honest—breakfast is good any time of day.
Southwestern Breakfast Hash
- 3 Red Potatoes, large, cubed
- 1 Yellow Onion, small, diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add potatoes, continuously adding 1-2 tablespoon of water as needed to ensure potatoes do not stick to the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes start to soften.
- Add everything else except the black beans. Stir frequently and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Add black beans and cook for another 4-5 minutes until heated through.
Nutrition Per Serving
This started out as a more traditional hash but we added beans to up its nutritional content. Even though it doesn't look like hash browns, it's even more delicious!
Did you grab the free meal plan yet? I want to show you how easy it is to live plant-based, how affordable it is, and how undeniably delicious it can be! Grab it below!
Hope you enjoy it!
Leave a Reply