This easy Vegan Cranberry Cheese Ball is the best vegan cheese ball! Made super creamy and perfect for spreading using simple ingredients and no nuts! Only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
Why this recipe works
This dairy free cheese ball is a crowd pleaser and perfect to serve for the holiday season! It comes together quickly so you can feel fancy without having to do much work in the kitchen.
The base is made with tofu which means it's nut free and doesn't require extra ingredients to firm up (hint: it's oil free!). Seasoned perfectly to replicate cream cheese and topped with cranberries—this will become a new holiday classic!
This vegan cheese ball is the perfect vegan appetizer to have on your buffet table, whether it's a potluck, game day, Christmas or New Years!
You're going to love this Cranberry Vegan Cheese Ball! It's:
- Easy to make
- Creamy and flavorful
- Nut-free and oil-free
- Crowd-pleaser and kid-friendly
- Perfect for the holidays!
No expensive vegan cream cheese here—you can recreate the flavor on your own really easily with whole food plant-based ingredients. Reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
Firm tofu—firm is best because it blends smooth but is strong enough to hold it's shape.
Miso paste—gives it that salty, umami flavor!
Additional topping suggestions:
Chopped walnuts or pecans
Sliced green onion or scallions
Chopped fresh parsley or thyme
How to make
This step by step walk-through shows the process of making this cranberry vegan cheese ball recipe. Exact times and temperatures are available in the recipe card at the bottom.
Drain the tofu and gently squeeze out excess liquid over a sink for 30 seconds. Then crumble the tofu into a blender.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cranberries and blend well until smooth.
Pour the cheese mixture into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap with enough excess wrap to cover.
Fold the plastic wrap over the cheese and twist it tight. Transfer to the freezer for one hour to firm up.
Once the cheeseball has firmed up, gently remove it from the plastic wrap and press cranberries all over the outside of the cheese ball. Enjoy!
How to store
Store the vegan cheese ball covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When serving, the cheese ball can stay out at room temperature for 2 hours.
This vegan cheese ball pairs perfectly with:
Bagels, English muffins or on toast (it's a perfect cream cheese substitute!)
More vegan cheese recipes
Vegan Cranberry Cheese Ball (Nut Free)
- 16 oz firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Drain the tofu and gently squeeze out excess liquid over a sink for 30 seconds.16 oz firm tofu
- Crumble tofu into a blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients except for the cranberries. Blend well until smooth.2 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ cup nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, 2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoons white miso paste, 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour the cheese mixture into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap with enough excess wrap to cover.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the cheese and twist it tight. Transfer to the freezer for one hour to firm up.
- Once the cheeseball has firmed up, gently remove it from the plastic wrap and press cranberries all over the outside of the cheese ball. Enjoy!½ cup dried cranberries