Toast bread to perfection every time with an air fryer! All you need is your favorite type of bread and 3 minutes to make this easy air fryer toast!
Can you make toast in an air fryer?
It turns out, the toaster isn't the only appliance that can toast. An air fryer can produce a wonderful toasted result in no time!
Some toasters take 4-5 minutes to toast bread, whereas I've found an air fryer can toast bread in just 3 minutes. It may not seem like much, but with busy mornings that extra couple minutes is a game changer!
Can an air fryer replace a toaster?
The short answer: yes!
You can easily toast bread, bagels, english muffins, and toaster strudels in an air fryer. If you had to pick one appliance, go for the air fryer. It's a really versatile appliance because it can toast, roast, and fry.
Donate that toaster because once you get an air fryer, that toaster is just taking up precious counter space.
My favorite air fryer is the 6 quart Dash Deluxe Air Fryer.
How long to toast bread in air fryer
Depending on the temperature, it can be 3-5 minutes.
If toasting at a higher temperature such as 400F, toast for 3 minutes. If you set the temperature to 350F, you may need a 1-2 more minutes.
The thicker the slice, the more time you'll need.
If your air fryer has a toasting setting you can use that, but it's not necessary. My air fryer only has one setting and toasts bread without a problem!
How to keep bread from flying around
If you have lighter bread or a stronger air fryer, you may hear the bread fly around as it is toasting.
Weigh it down with a small oven-safe dish. You may need to flip the bread over halfway through toasting to make sure it's toasted evenly.
Important: Never use a liner with toast in the air fryer such as parchment paper. If the bread does start flying around the paper will too and could come in contact with the heating elements. This poses a fire risk.
As the bread toasts, the moisture is drawn out making it lighter. If your toast wasn't initially flying around but you hear it towards the end, this means your toast is ready.
- Don't overlap your toast. If you overlap, you'll need to rotate halfway through so that all parts of the bread evenly toast.
- If using something to weigh down your bread, make sure to flip it over halfway through for even toasting. If your bread is not flying around, then you don't need to weigh it down or worry about flipping. Air fryers are great at cooking from all sides at once!
What to serve with toast
Top with butter, roasted garlic, jam, peanut butter, mashed avocados or whatever your favorite toast toppings are!
Toast makes a great addition to round out your breakfast or meal. Pair it with these serving suggestions:
- Breakfast scrambles and bacon (this vegan version is tasty and can be made in the air fryer too!)
- Fluffy pancakes
- Enjoyed as a toasted sandwich with this vegan BBQ
More air frying recipes
Easy Air Fryer Toast
- 2 slices bread, * any sliced bread of your choice
- Place bread slices in air fryer basket and set air fryer temperature to 400°F.2 slices bread
- Cook bread in air fryer for 3 minutes. Check for doneness and add more time as desired.