This post may contain affiliate links. Read my policy page for more information.
Get golden and crispy potstickers in minutes by cooking them in the air fryer! Less mess and more deliciousness! You can have this simple appetizer ready from start to finish in less than 15 minutes!
Why air fry frozen potstickers
Air fryer potstickers are a quick and simple side dish or appetizer for any occasion! Here’s a few reasons you’ll love them:
Easy—It really doesn’t get easier than this. This cooking method is simple and beginner-friendly.
Less mess—No oily, messy skillets to clean up later, making this perfect for busy nights!
Fast—air frying is one of the fastest ways to prepare pot stickers in less time!
Healthier option—No excessive empty calories from frying in tons of oil, these can be prepared without needing to deep fry!
What are potstickers
Potstickers are a type of dumpling. Dumplings either have a meat or vegetable filling wrapped in dough which can be made of bread, flour, or even potatoes.
Potstickers, wontons, and gyozas are all types of dumplings. Potstickers are a type of pan-fried Chinese dumpling. They’re often steam-fried to maintain moisture or boiled.
Wontons are also Chinese and have a more round shape. They are most commonly served in a broth.
Gyozas are Japanese-style potstickers. Their shape is more long and thin with a thinner dough. They can also be prepared the steam-fried method or boiled.
What you need
To prepare frozen potstickers in the air fryer, you really just need one ingredient:
Your favorite type of dumpling—potstickers, wontons, or gyozas.
There are so many different brands but today I used the vegetable potstickers from Trader Joe’s. Some of my other favorite brands are Nasoya’s Tofu Vegetable Dumplings, 365 Vegetable Potstickers, Wei Chuan’s Pre-Steamed Dumplings, Bibigo’s Organic Vegetable Dumpling Potstickers, and Feel Good Foods Potstickers.
How to cook potstickers in the air fryer
I have two methods for you. One is super easy and the other is standard for making these air-fried potstickers. For exact times and temperatures, reference the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Super easy method:
- No need to preheat the air fryer, simply add your potstickers to the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. Allow space in between to ensure even cooking.
- Air fry potstickers for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees F, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
That’s it! These uncomplicated crispy dumplings are a breeze to make!
Some potstickers may dry and split open, revealing the filling. If you don’t mind that and just want a quick and tasty snack, this option is for you!
If you care about presentation, read on for the standard method.
- Spray each potsticker thoroughly with an olive oil spray to prevent them from drying out and cracking. This will also help achieve a darker golden color.
- Spread them out evenly in the bottom of your air fryer basket and cook at 375 degrees F, flipping halfway through.
The lower temperature also helps prevent them from splitting.
Tips for success
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer basket. It’s best to leave some space in between and not overlap so that they cook evenly.
- Use a tong or spatula to help flip the dumplings over halfway through so that both sides become golden brown.
- If you want to avoid the filling from popping out, spray thoroughly with a little bit of oil.
How to serve
These air fryer dumplings are best served with your favorite dipping sauce:
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Chili Sauce
- Sweet n’ Sour Sauce
- Peanut butter chili sauce
Storage and Reheating
Store leftover potstickers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
Reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
- air fryer
- 1 bag frozen potstickers
- olive oil spray optional for standard method
Super easy method:
- Start by adding your potstickers directly to the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. Allow space in between to ensure even cooking.
- Air fry potstickers for 12-14 minutes at 400°F, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy. No need to preheat the air fryer beforehand.
- If making multiple batches, check a few minutes early since you'll be using a warmed up air fryer for subsequent batches.
- That's it! These uncomplicated crispy dumplings are a breeze to make!Some potstickers may dry and split open, revealing the filling. If you don't mind that and just want a quick and tasty snack, this option is for you!If you care about presentation, read on for the standard method.
- Lightly spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with a little oil, then place the potstickers in it evenly spaced out.
- Thoroughly spray each potsticker with the oil to prevent them from drying out and splitting open. This will also help achieve a richer golden color.
- Air fryer at 375°F for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown.
- If making subsequent batches, check on them a minute or two early as they'll be done faster in a preheated air fryer.