That's right... it's squash! Spaghetti squash. Have you tried it before?
Last week I saw Spaghetti Squash for the first time at my local grocery store. Is it a seasonal thing? Because I had checked over the summer and they didn't have it. Anyways, you get all the great flavor of spaghetti without the calories!
Check out my beautiful squash:
There are a lot of ways to cook it but I decided to follow the instructions that came with him.
Here's him out of the oven.
And here is what it looks like scraped out. Kinda of like noodles, no?
Spaghetti Squash "Pasta"
- 1 Spaghetti Squash cut in half
- 1 Yellow Squash chopped
- 2 cups Kale stems removed, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cucumber Chopped
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, cut side down. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan over medium heat add the chopped veggies except for the kale. Stir occasionally adding a tablespoon or two of water as needed to keep from sticking. Cook until soft (around 5 minutes).
- Add the sauce and bring to a simmer, then add the chopped kale. Turn down heat to keep it warm until ready.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven and carefully scrape out the insides using a fork. Divide evenly between bowls.
- Add the veggies and sauce to each bowl and stir to combine. Enjoy!
It was full of flavor and very filling! And it was all veggies!
Daniel approved of the dish so I think this is a keeper, as long as those grocery stores keep it in stock!