Anybody ever make these before? There are TONS of recipes out there so I just “averaged” them so to speak.
- 4 Cups Kale stems removed
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC). Use a sharp knife to cut your kale leaves into large pieces. They shrink up in the oven, so don't cut them too small.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with desired amount of salt and paprika. Add any other spices that you would like. Use clean hands to massage all ingredients into kale.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place kale leaves in a single layer. Don't over crowd. You may have to bake in batches for the perfect chips.
- Cook in oven for 15 to 18 minutes (16 minutes was the perfect number for me). Remove from oven when crisp. Enjoy!
StoragePlace in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for a few days.
They turned out nice and crispy!
I will definitely be making these again sometime! I actually liked the smaller crunchy pieces over the bigger pieces. The bigger pieces weren’t as crunchy. If you can, try to make yours all uniform in size. And remove big stems, they will become chewy and not crispy. Enjoy!
Has anybody gotten creative with their kale chips and add crazy flavors?