This cake is a hug in a mug. It's perfect when you need a little extra lovin'—it's warm, comforting, and lifts your spirits right up. I mean—who isn't happy about cake? Plus, I love mug cakes because they're so easy to make.
What is a mug cake?
It's exactly how it sounds, a cake made in a mug! All you need are 8 simple ingredients, a mug, and a microwave. You could technically bake it... but why heat your oven up for such a small thing? However, if you are one of those people without a microwave, I recommend baking it at 350F for 10-15 minutes. DISCLAIMER: I haven't actually tested it in an oven, so I cannot guarantee results. That is just what some readers have done in the past.
The benefit of a single serving
Another great thing about mug cakes is that they are single serving. For someone like me that needs to eat ALL THE SWEETS. All at once. In the same sitting. If they dare enter my household—having a single serving option keeps me from overindulging. Seriously try it if you have this same issue. Remove all temptation and just make single serving desserts when the craving strikes.
Less Clean Up
And the true beauty of mug cakes? Hardly any clean up! I mix everything up right in the mug I'm going to cook it in. Less bowls and pans to clean up later? Count me in.
This recipe first appeared in the Health My Lifestyle Meal Planner. It's the last meal planning tool you'll ever need! It helps members stay on track with their fitness goals, plan their weeks with ease, and enjoy healthy plant-based recipes all while saving time and money.
Check it out for just $5.99 your first month (cancel anytime) here.
These babies are best served immediately but luckily they only take 5 minutes to prepare. You can soothe that craving within minutes of it striking! Get ready for your taste buds to sing with joy over the sweet cinnamon flavors and fluffy texture of this vegan snickerdoodle mug cake.
I could wax poetic forever about my love of mug cakes, but I'll just let you try it for yourself 😉
If you make this recipe and decide to share it on Facebook or Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @HealthMyLifestyle + #HealthMyLifestyle so I can see your recreation! I love sharing them!
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-natural peanut butter, *
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour, *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a 12 oz size mug, combine the peanut butter, vanilla extract and milk. Stir until completely smooth. A fork works well to whisk it all together.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking powder and salt and stir until combined. Careful not to over mix it, just until you can't see dry flour anymore.
- Place in the microwave uncovered, cook for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the top with some more cinnamon and sugar if you like. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Pin this for later:
This is one of my favorite recipes! It’s quick and easy to make and tastes so good!
Health My Lifestyle
Thank you so much, Caitlin! I'm so happy it's one of your favorites 🙂